- Business Resource Center
To Help Your Wedding Business Grow
to WeddingIndustry.biz, devoted
to helping you, the wedding professional, build your business
and knowledge about the wedding and event industry (in New Jersey,
New York and Pennsylvania and throughout the United States as
well). Topics include books about the wedding industry, bridal
trends, wedding statistics, marriage trends, marriage education
resources, blogs and wedding podcasts, charitable giving in the
wedding industry, eco-friendly and "green weddings,"
marketing and sales, web site development and search engine optimization,
wedding and event industry associations, professional development,
helpful articles and much more!
View calendar of NJ wedding & special event industry events
Books About The
Trends, Research & Resources
Guide To The Hottest Wedding Trends - by
Nina Callaway, About.com Weddings Guide
- A Guide
To The Wedding Industry
- wedding industry research from the Library of Congress
- American Wedding Survey
- (.pdf file) a recent (2007) study of wedding trends by the
Fairchild Bridal Group (Conde Nast), publishers of Bride,
Modern Bride and Elegant Bride magazines. Special
focus emphasizes role of the "echo boomers" (children
of the baby boomer generation) and the projected increase in
first marriages over the next 15 years as this generation reaches
their marrying years.
- South Asian Weddings - resources
by NJWedding.com about a growing marketplace for Asian Indian
wedding celebrations in the New Jersey/New York area
- State of the New Jersey Wedding Industry 2008-2009 - special report on NJ wedding statistics, wedding trends and survey results on a variety of questions to wedding professionals throughout the NJ Tri-State area. (.pdf file)
- wedding statistics, market research, trends and news for the
wedding professional from wedding industry entrepreneur Shane
- an additional resource showing the costs of weddings throughout
different parts of the country
- Wedding information from Wikipedia,
the free encyclopedia,
includes various types of weddings, wedding expenses, customs,
clothing, ethnic weddings, wedding traditions and many other
- Wedding-Related TV Programs - learn what brides-to-be are watching
on television to give them ideas about their wedding plans
Industry News in the Media:
& License Information, New Jersey Civil Unions, Same-Sex Marriage
Jersey Marriage Data & Statistics - from the New
Jersey Department of Health & Senior Services
Married in New Jersey
- including information on applying for a marriage or civil union
license, links to the application form and other legal requirements
Unions in New Jersey:
resources to become informed about the legal decision granting
equal rights to Gay and Lesbian couples in New Jersey (following
the Lewis v. Harris New
Jersey Marriage Equality Case on October 25, 2006) - see NJWedding.com's
Union Celebrations" category and below links for more
coverage on this topic
Research & News
- Research, education, training and advocacy
to strengthen the institution of marriage, by Dr. David Popenoe
and Barbara Dafoe Whitehead at Rutgers University.
- Healthy Marriage Initiative by the Administration for Children
& Families, U.S Department of Health & Human Services
- National Center
for Marriage Research
- located at Bowling Green State University, the center will
conduct workshops, seminars, conferences and small-grant competitions;
build a marriage-related data and measurement infrastructure,
and disseminate research findings by various means.
- Center for Marriage and Families at
the Institute for American Values
- issues research briefs, fact sheets, and other material related
to marriage, families, and children
- Institute for Marriage and Public Policy - "strengthening marriage for
a new generation" - a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization
dedicated to high quality research and public education on ways
that law and public policy can strengthen marriage as a social
- Fatherhood and Marriage Leadership Institute - strengthening marriage through political
- Building Strong Families - an initiative to develop and evaluate
programs designed to help interested unwed parents achieve their
aspirations for healthy marriage and a stable family life.
of Marriage on Health: A Synthesis of Recent Research Evidence (.pdf file) - Prepared for the Department
of Health and Human Services (June 19, 2007)
- The Effects of
Marriage and Divorce on Families and Children - Presented Before the Science, Technology
and Space Subcommittee of the Committee on Commerce, Science,
and Transportation, United States Senate (May 2004)
- State Policies to Promote Marriage - Report from the U.S. Department
of Health and Human Services (2002) - download
Snapshot of Marriage in the United States (.pdf file) -
provided by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Welfare & Poverty
- an understanding of how marriage is an important social institution,
and how government policy can promote and encourage healthy marriage,
provided by the Heritage Foundation.
and the Welfare of America"
- a speech delivered on June 13, 2006 by The Honorable Mike Leavitt,
U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services about the importance
of promoting healthy marriages in the United States.
- Marriage information from Wikipedia,
the free encyclopedia,
includes marriage rights and obligations, history of marriage,
arranged marriage, weddings, marriage and religion, marriage
and economics, same-sex marriage and many other references.
- Marriage Equality USA, Inc.
- Marriage News in the Media:
Art of Marriage"
- one of the most well-known inspirational essays about marriage,
written by Wilferd A. Peterson, and used
often by couples in wedding ceremony readings and/or wedding
programs (view short
version - view
- Smart Marriages - The Coalition for Marriage, Family and Couples
Education, with information on workshops, seminars and additional
- Marriage Alive International, Inc. - transforming marriage and family
- Marriage Savers - preparing, strengthening and restoring marriages
- National Extension Relationship & Marriage
Education Network -
a nationwide outreach that supports individuals and couples preparing
for, developing and enriching healthy relationships and healthy
- The National Healthy Marriage Institute,
LLC - believes that
"the keystone of society is healthy marriages" and
creates products and services to help couples form and sustain
- American Association for Marriage and Family
Therapy - the professional
association for the field of marriage and family therapy.
- The National Registry of Marriage Friendly
Therapists - a "pro-commitment"
counseling web site, designed to help support couples in need
of pre- or post-marriage counseling.
- The First Dance - advice on working through the people stresses
of wedding planning as a couple, with your families, and how
to strengthen your upcoming marriage through this enormous first
task of married life (from 2007 Modern Bride Top 25 Trendsetters
Bill Doherty, a nationally recognized marriage and family therapist,
and daughter Elizabeth Doherty Thomas, a recent bride).
- FREE Relationship
Advice through NJWedding.com
from Miles Wagman, director of The Relationship Center in Red
Bank, New Jersey
- Marriage Education Articles
Blogs, Wedding Podcasts & Social Networking
- listen to "wedding
talk radio on-demand" on various topics from hosts Robert
Allen and Holli Ehrlich. Programs include: Bridal Scene, Meet
The Masters, It's YOUR Wedding (with wedding planner Samantha
Goldberg from the Style Network's "Who's Wedding Is It
Anyway?" and "Married Away"), Lovecast,
TravelTalk about destination weddings and honeymoons, Newlywedcast, Grooms With A View, and much more!
Strategy and Tactics for Wedding Professionals - I
found this interesting BLOG of articles, tips and ideas on weddingyellow.com
and thought it may be a helpful additional resource for information
on marketing your wedding business
"I Will" to "I Do" - filled with
wedding planning tips, vendor recommendations and bridal related
products, helping brides and grooms plan their dream weddings,
written by iVillage wedding expert Anne Chertoff, producer of
- Weddex - Engaging trips, trends, ideas and inspiration related to the business of all things wedding and honeymoon from one of the leading experts in the industry, Rebecca Grinnals.
- Wedlok.com - Wedding
News from Las Vegas, New York and around the world, by "Wedding
Goddess" Rev. Laurie Sue Brockway
- The Wedding Marketing Blog - info related to bridal marketing and selling to the 21st Century bride.
- Wedding Professional Success! - a blog of advice, discussion and resources to help Wedding Professionals increase their income, from wedding marketing expert Marc Fuller.
- Vows Magazine News Blog - the latest news of bridal people, companies and events from Vows Magazine - the Bridal & Wedding Business Journal
- Social Networking in the New Jersey wedding industry - NJWedding.com has discovered the power of facebook and other social networking web sites to further develop relationships within the wedding business and reach engaged couples. Here are a few "groups" we have developed:
In The Wedding Industry
- The I Do Foundation links engaged couples with
a host of charitable giving options at their wedding. Couples
can choose to support one of their charitable partners or suggest
- Brides Against
Breast Cancer is the
Making Memories Foundation's number one fundraising event.
They have gown sale events nationwide enabling brides-to-be to
find the gown of their dreams while making wishes come true for
women and men diagnosed with breast cancer. This "nationwide
tour of gowns" is made possible by women around the
world that donate their treasured wedding gowns. Bridal
shops and manufacturers also donate hundreds of beautiful, new
designer gowns every month. This is a unique opportunity
for brides-to-be to find one-of-a-kind gowns at an incredible
savings. Also learn about the organization's Pink
Envelope Project supported by couples having a Pink Envelope Bridal Shower or Pink Envelope Wedding Reception.
- Charitable Wedding Ideas from JustGive.org - includes information on registering
with charities, donating money on behalf of wedding guests as
a wedding favor, donating leftover food, giving away wedding
flowers, donating wedding dresses and couples to volunteer on
their honeymoon, as well as "green" weddings for eco-friendly
- Companies That Care Network / Special
E - rescues food leftover
from weddings, parties and events to help people in need.
- American Diabetes
Association - couples
can give special meaning to their wedding day with a tax-deductible
gift, in lieu of traditional wedding favors. They can announce
their contribution with complimentary invitation cards and their
choice of personalized table tent cards, scrolls or bookmarks.
- The National Arbor Day Foundation suggests giving
"gift trees" to guests as a special reminder of the
wedding day, which can also include a personalized message from
the couple with a customized label
- Changing The Present - "Changing The World...One Gift
At A Time" - lets wedding guests honor a couple's marriage
with inspiring gifts: anything from providing a child with her
first book to funding an hour of cancer research.
- More about Weddings and Charitable Giving from Nina
Callaway at About.com
& "Green Weddings"
Shows in New Jersey
- There are lots of bridal show producers that have shows on
various weekdays and weekends, and having a booth at these shows
is an effective way for New Jersey wedding business owners to
be "in front" of the bride and groom (and their family
and friends, who sometimes attend with them). Check out the list
of New Jersey bridal show producers that we've compiled, and
as an advertiser on NJWedding.com, you may receive an introductory
- developed by wedding industry expert and New Jersey resident,
Brian Lawrence, to help wedding professionals in various areas,
including sales and marketing, invitations and increasing business
locally through internet advertising
- another site from wedding industry expert Chris Jaeger
- a helpful resource for wedding professionals about online marketing,
search engine optimization and much more, from wedding industry
expert Chris Jaeger.
- if you're receiving leads of New Jersey couples from NJWedding.com
or any other resource (magazine, bridal show company, direct
mail resource, etc.), then keeping in touch with these interested
brides and grooms to introduce your services and products can
become an overwhelming task. Constant Contact is a direct e-mail
marketing resource where you can easily set up campaigns to be
sent on a regular basis to help promote your services
- MyOnlineData.com - an
email marketing service in association with Rich Drozd at American
Bridal Shows. If you're currently using myonlinedata.com to send
automated email campaigns, you can upgrade to include the NJWedding.com
leads as well - inquire for details.
- direct mail marketing has been proven as one of the most effective
means of increasing sales for a small (and large) business. Web
Cards is a service that helps you promote your web site through
creating post cards and other mailers that you can send on a
- The Wedding Marketing Network - wedding marketing analysis, advice, education, creativity, wisdom and oversight provided with honesty, wit, humor and insight by wedding marketer Andy Ebon.
- ProTouch Sales Agency - Owner Jonathan Bostick connects brides with your wedding business through innovative sales intiatives.
Web Site Development,
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Hosting
- we highly recommend the services of Dan Antonelli and his staff
at Graphic D-Signs, who recently helped NJWedding.com with our
"face-lift" after being in need of a redesign. Dan
is fully experienced as a graphic designer to create a new look
for your wedding business witha new logo, business cards, stationery
and more, and has created web sites for many wedding businesses,
so he knows the industry and what brides and grooms are looking
- Kenny Baroff has been in the marketing industry for many years,
helping small and big businesses with advertising campaigns.
He recently launched a company to specifically help businesses
with Search Engine Optimization, since web site marketing is
such an effective means of advertising. Contact Kenny today for
a free web site analysis.
use and recommend two different web site web site hosting providers
for various services: CFXHosting.com
(for advanced hosting needs) and Net Access Corporation (a New Jersey-based
Treloar from Rank
Magic recently ran a report for NJWedding.com, showing where
our links appear in all the major search engines. I highly recommend
the same for any business, since it's important to know where
you rank high and what keywords need improvement in your search
engine optimization strategies.
- AVP Multimedia specializes in web design, web hosting, video
for the web, video production and graphic design, working closely
with DJs, Bands, Photography Studios and many other companies
within the wedding industry.
- RytechSites.com - web site developer Laura Gordon will help your business create a dynamic and captivating web site using the latest technology.
- NewJerseyShore.com - is your business located along the Jersey shore? Contact Michael George at (732) 751-8700 with questions on how to develop a web site for your business.
Special Report - "7 Tips For Online Marketing Success"
to learn more about important web site development techniques,
META tags, submitting to search engines and more!
- Wedding Marketing Online - Internet marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) and web site design/development services for wedding professionals by Julie Albaugh.
- Bride Appeal Web Design & SEO - Helping your wedding biz get found and booked by more brides online with web design and SEO tips that make you irresistible to your ideal bride...and Google, too!
Wedding & Event
Industry Associations - (full list)
- The Association of Bridal Consultants-New Jersey
Branch (ABC) is the only organization dedicated exclusively
to serving wedding professionals worldwide. The ABC New Jersey
Branch was started in 1990 and currently has about 150 members.
Its' membership includes bridal consultants, bridal shops, invitation
specialists, caterers, photographers, videographers, entertainment
companies, florists, manufacturers and publishers, just to name
a few. Visit the ABC-NJ web site for more information and a membership
application and to find out about upcoming meetings and events.
- The International Special Events Society-New Jersey
Chapter (ISES) is the only international association which
serves as an umbrella organization bringing together the different
disciplines involved in the special events industry. The ISES
New Jersey Chapter was started in October of 1998 and currently
has over 75 members. Its' members are special events producers,
caterers, rental companies, special effects experts, transportation
companies, party and convention coordinators, hotel sales managers
and more. Visit the ISES-NJ web site for more information, to
sign up for the newsletter, to requestt a membership application
and to find out about upcoming meetings and events.
Association of Bridal Consultants (http://www.njwedding.com/abc) and International
Special Events Society (http://www.isesnjnorth.org)
are excellent groups
to belong to as a wedding and event professional. The meetings
and programs throughout the year are an excellent opportunity
for personal and professional development, networking and building
relationships with other colleagues in the wedding business.
here for a full list of wedding industry associations...
and personal development resources...
- If you're travelling to a
wedding or special event, bridal show or wedding industry association
meeting, there's no better time than to listen to motivational
and professional development cassettes or CDs in your car (known
as "Automobile University"). Long rides provide an
opportunity to improve your skills in the fields of sales, business
knowledge, goal-setting and much more. Nightingale-Conant is a provider of such
cassettes and CDs that you can purchase and listen to at your
leisure. Some favorite authors/speakers include Anthony Robbins,
Tom Hopkins, Brian Tracy, Zig Ziglar, Jay Abraham, Dan Kennedy.
Wayne Dyer, Roger Dawson, Peter Lowe, Tom Peters, Michael Gerber,
Harvey MacKay and Paul and Sarah Edwards, to name just a few.
Green, owner of Performance
Dynamics Group in Green Brook, New Jersey, is a dynamic speaker
and business professional (he's spoken about Sales, Marketing
and Business Goals at both the ISES and ABC meetings in the past).
I subscribe to his newsletter to learn about many topics of
professional and personal development. He also runs seminars geared for small business owners,
executives and managers. I think you'll find his information
and resources helpful in keeping you focused and motivated.
(National & Local)
information always being added, so bookmark this page and check
back for updates! If you have any additional resources that would
benefit other wedding professionals, please email
us so we can add it to the list...thanks!